Sunday, November 09, 2008

Purpose

It is on days like this that one thinks on very simple words; words like, hope, change, faith, and purpose. For me the most important of these words is the last Purpose. I am indeed grateful to be living a time such as this; historic and a time for new beginnings. Today I reflect on purpose and with a grateful heart I say thank you President Bush. You might look at me crazy and wonder why I would say thank you. I say thank you because if it wasn’t for him we would not have Barack Obama as president elect today. Purpose is a very strange thing what may look as total disaster in truth there is purpose to rebuild. Because of the mess that President Bush has led the country into people sought hope. Not a white hope or a black hope but the right hope. That hope is for a better future.

I have thought what if President Bush had ran the country effectively and not put as in the mess we are in today. What would the outcome of election have been? So out of the failure came a success for President Obama. So I say thank you for all his shortcomings because through him we saw we could be a better people.

Purpose what an amazing word.



2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

You're right - purpose is such a great word!

Darius T. Williams said...

You're right - purpose is such a great word!