Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hitchhiker



I stand at the side road of life, thumb up and arm extended and I wait for the love of my life to carry me away. I have taken many a rides on this highway. Sometimes I was the driver others I was the passenger. The road has never been a straight shot. There were many curves, potholes and bumps. There were times when I wanted to speed up but the drivers were too slow. There was time when I wanted a seatbelt and there was none. So here I stand by the side of the road clothes covered in the dust of life, I carry my load with a smile; thumb up and arm extended with a pleasant smile that says “pick me up”.

3 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Ya know Stone - you've gotta totally be careful of what you ask for these days. Totally!

Ladynay said...

Saw your comment somewhere and had to take a peep to see if you were blogging again. :-)

Nobody not really... said...

Dayum! I haven't been to your blog in ages. Good to see you're getting it going over here.

(The blogger formerly known as m_dubb)