Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Step 1


Today I met a really nice Turkish woman at work. Sometimes people surprise you. Well I just wrote about taking small steps and today I talked to her about them. She is a little over weight but her heart big too. A big heart goes a very long way. Anyway she wants to start working out but she spends too much time thinking about what she cannot do more than what she can. She looks at the final destination rather than looking at the step in front of her. Like most of us we only see the end and it looks so far and the idea of setting out for the journey scares us. This what I told her, “If others take 500 big steps to reach their goal that is fine for them but it might take you 1500 small steps to reach the same place. It’s not about how big the steps but making a move.” That message was for me as well,do not watch others just take one step at a time and I will get there.

2 comments:

life said...

Going by your thought process your a smart man

BuddahDesmond said...

Nice post! I'll have to use this to keep me inspired and working towards my goals as well. Great words to live by.