Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Seven poundS


What would I give of myself that someone else can live? What I am willing to lose so that another may find? Where am I willing to stay so that someone else can advance? The truth is deep down inside not every much at all. We love those who loves us but is that real or it just a balance of love given and love taken? Truly we are nothing more than parasites of love. We love those that can offer us something; an unspoken barter that is life long.

What am I willing to give and expect absolutely nothing in return? Am I willing to feed the hungry in the shadows where no prising eyes see? Am I willing to offer a safe haven to a soul that is down or will I just turn away?
The truth is we/I am harden too concern with that happens of my self-important life to notice that there are more than myself that suffer far greater than me. Those who have far less than me, who sleep in the cold, who go hungry and who have no one to tell them that they are loved. Someone to say, " you matter" and " I care about you".

What am I really willing to give up and would it be worth "seven pounds"?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

R U?